About Optimal Energy Inc.
Optimal Energy (optenergy.com) is an industry leader in energy efficiency and demand-side management analysis, policy, and program support; our staff are experts in policy planning, program design and implementation, evaluation, and technical research and analysis. Our clients include utilities, efficiency program administrators, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. We support our clients in developing integrated clean energy resources that are low-cost, least-risk, and offer the most environmentally responsible ways to meet local, regional, and national energy and climate needs.
We are actively involved in many of the leading efficiency program portfolios in the U.S. We build long-term relationships with our clients, and have supported many for over a decade, providing innovative and evolving services as their clean energy needs change. Our company and our staff are led by our values: collaboration, transparency and a team approach. We support innovation, employee input and leadership, and a healthy work/life balance.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to support our project work through guided research and analysis of energy-efficient and clean energy technologies, programs, and evaluations to support strategic planning and implementation efforts. Project work covers a range of areas including emerging efficiency technologies, distributed energy resources, strategic electrification, active demand management, energy storage, and new electricity grid technologies, among others. Additional job responsibilities will depend on experience. Ideal candidates will have some experience in the clean energy industry, particularly with energy efficiency.
- Research and analyze the benefits, costs, and market conditions of energy-efficient and renewable energy technologies
- Conduct analysis of policies and programs that promote sustainable energy
- Improve data quality and process automation
- Perform economic and potential analyses of sustainable energy resources
- Assist with client deliverables such as written reports, presentations, charts, and figures
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of experience working in the clean energy industry
- Knowledge of energy efficiency technologies, practices, policies, and programs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and synthesize information
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Proactive about initiating and completing tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that support Optimal’s focus on producing clear, concise, and understandable deliverables
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; advanced Excel skills desirable
What We Offer
- A congenial, relaxed work environment
- Competitive salary; generous retirement plan & paid time off; tuition reimbursement; employer-subsidized health insurance; dental insurance, disability, and life insurance
- Excellent opportunity for professional development and advancement
Optimal has offices in Providence, RI and Hinesburg, VT, though we are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This position is for full-time remote work with options for working out of Optimal’s physical locations in the future if the candidate desires. Applicants who live in New Jersey are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optimal Energy, Inc., is committed to diversity and inclusion in hiring, employment, and operations. We encourage applications from people who are or have been historically underrepresented in the clean energy economy.