Regulatory Strategy and Policy Support
Optimal Energy has a solid track record of providing high-level strategic guidance and policy support to a variety of public and private organizations. Our list of clients includes state and local governments, national regulatory agencies, and environmental advocacy groups. We offer a range of strategic guidance, technical modeling, and expert advice on energy and efficiency-related policy issues.
Optimal’s Regulatory Strategy and Policy Support work includes the following competencies:
- Provide guidance on setting efficiency and renewable energy targets for both electric and gas utilities
- Review proposed efficiency portfolios for key factors: practicality, comprehensiveness, appropriateness, and cost-effectiveness
- Advise on utility cost-recovery mechanisms
- Develop utility performance metrics and track progress towards these metrics
- Train and educate program staff, regulators, and stakeholders on relevant topics
- Provide guidance on best-practice program strategies
- Develop and review evaluation plans and interpret evaluation study results
- Conduct market-specific analyses to inform strategic and policy decisions
Examples of National and Statewide Efficiency Strategy and Policy
We serve a vital role providing guidance to entities around the country. These government bodies and organizations monitor and oversee the implementation of some of the most advanced efficiency portfolios in the country. Below are examples of this work:
Learn more about the role of state energy efficiency stakeholder councils here.