About Optimal Energy Inc.
Optimal Energy (optenergy.com) is an industry leader in energy efficiency and demand-side management analysis, policy, and program support; our staff are experts in policy planning, program design and implementation, evaluation, and technical research and analysis. Our clients include utilities, efficiency program administrators, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. We support our clients in developing integrated clean energy resources that are low-cost, least-risk, and offer the most environmentally responsible ways to meet local, regional, and national energy and climate needs.
We are actively involved in many of the leading efficiency program portfolios in the U.S. We build long-term relationships with our clients, and have supported many for over a decade, providing innovative and evolving services as their clean energy needs change. Our company and our staff are led by our values: collaboration, transparency and a team approach. We support innovation, employee input and leadership, and a healthy work/life balance.
We are looking for an Operations and Business Development Coordinator to play a key role in supporting the organization on many critical fronts. Your work will largely be behind the scenes contributing to and organizing Optimal’s business development efforts as well as providing high-level administrative, operations, and human resources duties as well as other responsibilities as assigned. Some billable project support work is expected including client-facing deliverable editing and formatting and light data analysis.
- Business Development Support
- Helping maintain Optimal’s online presence (LinkedIn, Optimal website, etc.) including coordinating with staff on regular content updates
- Identifying and tracking opportunities for Optimal participation/attendance at relevant industry conferences and events
- Maintaining a list of potential RFP sources and reviewing on a weekly basis for new RFPs
- Coordinating RFP responses including:
- Summarizing RFP information such as project descriptions, qualifications, and due dates
- Developing shared directories for RFP information
- Maintaining proposal milestones schedule and ensuring team meets key deadlines
- Coordinating with team members to assign individual contributions and synthesizing components into a complete proposal package
- Engaging in proposal final formatting, assembly, packaging, and delivery management
- Reviewing relevant newsletters and other materials to gain market intelligence and share information with staff
- Tracking industry trends to identify new business opportunities
- Operational Support
- Ensuring manager annual and quarterly reviews are occurring
- Tracking employee billable year-to-date performance
- Researching and synthesizing Optimal benefits offerings options such as healthcare plans and supporting enrollment
- Supporting IT processes as needed such as identifying and comparing software options
- Coordinating staff travel arrangements and tracking expenses
- Supporting client billing and invoicing
- Project Support
- Formatting, editing for clarity, and proofreading various client-facing documents including reports, memos, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations
- Bachelor’s degrees in English, marketing, communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong writing/editing/communication skills
- Capable of working effectively in a small team environment as well as independently
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; experience with other design-based software such as Microsoft Publisher or Adobe a plus
- Experience and/or interest in the clean energy industry a plus
What We Offer
- A congenial, relaxed work environment
- Competitive salary; generous retirement plan & paid time off; tuition reimbursement; employer-subsidized health insurance; dental insurance, disability, and life insurance
- Excellent opportunity for professional development and advancement
Optimal has offices in Providence, RI and Hinesburg, VT, though we are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This position is for full-time remote work with options for working out of Optimal’s physical locations in the future if the candidate desires.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Optimal Energy, Inc., is committed to diversity and inclusion in hiring, employment, and operations. We encourage applications from people who are or have been historically underrepresented in the clean energy economy.